Accomplishments of the 2013-14 WFE PTA
- Awarded $10,000 Matching Grant from WCPSS to help us with $25,000 playground improvement project which included the renovations of the back playground area, installation of the RockStar Climber and retaining wall to improve the appearance and safety of the playground.
- Awarded a $2,000 grant from National PTA and Together Counts to continue our mission of inspiring healthy eating and being active for overall health & wellness or our students and staff.
- Awarded $2000 grant from the Walmart Foundation to support student health and wellness.
- Awarded $500 grant from NC Medical Alliance for our involvement in the Get Fit NC Kids’ Fun Run and Road Race.
- Awarded Advocates for Health in Action (AHA) Wellness Star for implementing health and wellness activities.
- Awarded NCPTA Gold Key award.
- Partnered with Chefs Move to Schools and hosted Energy In veggie food tastings for all students.
- Started a weekly Walking Club every Tuesday morning for students, families and staff, recently being recognized by WCPSS and Advocates for Health in Action.
- Provided every class in the school with playground equipment at the beginning of the school year – soccer balls, footballs, basketballs, 4 square balls, jump ropes, chalk and carrying bags.
- Advocated to reestablish and annual Field Day for our students. PTA provided volunteer support, the hospitality & hydration tent, financial support and each student was given the 2014 Field Day t-shirt free of charge.
- Garnered community Corporate Sponsorship of nearly $9000.
- Organized and provided for the quarterly PBIS Positively Breakfasts serving 180 students this year.
- Created trophies and provided bag tags for students and water bottles for teachers for meeting PBIS Cafeteria Expectations.
- Funded PBIS Wheel of Wow Prizes. Offered Popcorn parties, Wii Dance parties, Rockin’ Popsicle Parties, Gum passes, PDQ meal cards and more!
- Funded over $4,000 for Student Enrichment programs as requested by teachers and Cultural Arts Committee. Including the annual Writer in Residence program, school-wide FoodPlay assembly and Moving You to Learn workshops.
- Funded close to $2500 in books for our Media Center.
- Held a record breaking Scholastic Book Fair and the Board of Directors voted to ensure that earnings were used to fund Classrooms with Common Core Teacher Resources, a total of $6500!
- Offered Grants based on requests, teachers received Back to School Grants totaling $1300 and we recently voted to purchase 50 laptops to support our students and teachers at the May Board Meeting.
- Purchased other technology earlier in the year including dongles for iPads, a SmartBoard and laptops. We also purchased a full school license for the Moby Max learning website.
- Supported our teachers and staff by helping in classrooms, making copies, recess duty, lunch duty and any other requested tasks.
- Hosted several morale boosting events this year including staff breakfasts and luncheons, cookie and coffee classroom deliveries.
- Celebrated our office administrators, custodians and cafeteria workers.
- Held the 2nd annual Love the Bus event to recognize our bus drivers. Each driver was given a certificate, breakfast and t-shirt thanking them for their service and dedication.
- Participated daily in National PTA Teacher Appreciation Week, awarded all teachers who were PTA members with a certificates of appreciation.
- Instituted a new accounting system to help improve record keeping, tax preparation and increase transparency of financial reporting.
- Streamlined our website and communication processes, increased social media communications.
- Compiled the yearbook as a service program offering all students a personalized book and reduced price by 23% with no financial liability to our PTA.
- Offered Field Trip stipends and lunch money for students in need.
- Hosted Rockin' Recognition event to recognize student accomplishments and Teacher of the Year.
- Hosted Student Council Breakfast to thank students for their service to WFE.
- Hosted annual 5th grade Graduation celebration and various end of year activities as determined by the 5th Grade Parent Committee.
- Held several special events and other programs for our families throughout the year.
and the 2013-14 WFEPTA Board of Directors
and the 2013-14 WFEPTA Board of Directors
Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew